Sleep apnea disrupts more than just an individuals sleep and quality of life. Over time, it becomes a risk factor for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other serious conditions.
Download Resource PDF
Facts About Sleep Apnea
• Sleep Apnea is when you stop breathing for 10 seconds+ at least 5 times an hour during sleep.
• Sleep apnea occurs in 25% men and 10% of women
• Over 12 million people are affected by sleep apnea nationally
• In a five-year study of nearly 11,000 people, those with obstructive sleep apnea had a higher risk of sudden cardiac death
• 80% go undiagnosed
• Loud Snoring
• Stopped breathing during sleep
• Drowsy driving
• Waking up short of breath
• Waking up frequently to urinate
• Chest pain during sleep